Thursday, July 9, 2009

HP Pavilion dv9005 ca

The left hinge broke due to bad design (that I read), and apparently, there was a major recall on the dv9000s and dv6000s. HP was actually offering to fix it for free, but this offer ended on May31, 2009. The left hinge broke before this date, but of course, mom and Leo tells me that nooo, its only a little crack, don't worry about it, you can still use it for another 2 years.
SO...
BAM.
few months later. BOOM. hinge cracks even more. AND THEN, i find out about the free fixing, a month and half after the offer. And now its around $200 to fix, which is like half of a shitty laptop >.>
ugh, so then yesterday, I sent them a email telling them my problem and asking if they could fix it for free. This is there reply:

"Hello Betty,

Thank you for contacting HP Total Care.

From the e-mail received I understand the hinge of the HP Pavilion dv9005ca Notebook PC is broken and needs to taken in for Mail-in repair service.

I appreciate you for writing the concern to us and apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. I at HP Total Care would certainly assist you with the issue up to the best of my skills and abilities.

As the unit is out of manufacturer’s warranty for last five hundred and seventy-seven days the service of taking the notebook for Mail-in repair is chargeable. "


F that >> I need a new laptop.

No comments:

Post a Comment